Cream Cheese Alfredo Sauce.
All Reviews for Cream Cheese Alfredo Sauce. Cream Cheese Alfredo Sauce. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Alfredo Sauce is one of those things that literally everyone in my family will agree on.
You can use lower fat ingredients too for a lighter.
Easy Homemade Alfredo Sauce – Smooth, creamy and the perfect texture and flavor!
The next time you're going to make Alfredo sauce, make it with cream cheese.
You can have Cream Cheese Alfredo Sauce using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cream Cheese Alfredo Sauce
- Prepare 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- It’s 2 tbsp of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 2 of large clove minced garlic, or 2 tsp jarred minced garlic.
- You need 8 oz of cream cheese – softened and cubed.
- You need 2 cup of low fat milk.
- It’s 3/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese (I used a parmesan romano blend).
- Prepare 1 tsp of dried parsley flakes (or 1 tbs fresh chopped).
- You need 1 pinch of ground nutmeg or cayenne pepper.
- Prepare of salt and black pepper.
Homemade Alfredo Sauce Without Parmesan Cheese Recipes.
Homemade Alfredo Sauce With Cream Cheese.
There is nothing better than a decadent, cream cheese Alfredo sauce when it comes down to dinner.
I must admit however, that while my sister's recipe (pictured below) calls for milk instead of whipping cream…I use whipping cream instead.
Cream Cheese Alfredo Sauce step by step
- Heat a medium sauce pan over medium low heat. Add olive oil and butter. When butter is melted and garlic. Cook until garlic is just fragrant, stirring constantly so not to burn. Only about 1 minute. Add flour to make a roux, increase heat to medium and cook an additional 2 minutes, whisking constantly..
- Whisk in milk and bring to a slow simmer, whisking frequently to keep it from clumping or curdling. Reduce heat to medium low. Add cream cheese, whisk into milk until it is fully melted and incorporated into a nice smooth sauce (no cream cheese lumps remaining)..
- Whisk in grated parmesan until fully melted and texture of sauce looks smooth once more. Stir in dried parsley, nutmeg and salt & pepper to taste. Simmer gently an additional 5 minutes on medium low for flavors to blend, stirring frequently..
- Turn off heat. Add to favorite pasta, veggie and/or meat, toss to coat and enjoy! NOTE: If using fresh parsley, stir in at the very end after heat is turned off..
- Serving suggestion: boil bowtie (farfalle) pasta for 2 min less than listed on package. Drain, add to sauce, reduce heat to low, cover and let sit 5 minutes for pasta to absorb some of the sauce and finish cooking. It went great with my cornflakes chicken recipe! Yum! https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/354370-cornflake-parmesan-chicken-tenders.
Melt butter in a medium, non-stick saucepan over medium heat.
Add cream cheese and garlic powder, stirring with wire whisk until smooth.
This Alfredo sauce is rich, creamy, cheesy and with just the right amount of garlic.
Charlene, I've found cream cheese makes for the creamiest sauce and it will also keep in the fridge without separating.
There are other recipes elsewhere though that don't include cream cheese.